Thursday, December 10, 2009

Picture Perfect

  
 
Obviously, I'm obsessed with our engagement photos, and couldn't resist posting a few highlights here.  (For many, many more, head over to the main site at www.georgeaskedkate.com!)  It's not the season of self, though; it's the season of family!  Hopefully this Christmas will be the last one that George and I ever spend apart, as I'll be in Florida with my family and he'll be in New Jersey with his on December 25.  We'll have our own celebration (and exchange presents) when I fly up the next day!


Juggling geography is tough, and it always sets my holiday cheer just a little bit on edge at some point.  We are so blessed, though, that this is our biggest concern!  Wherever our families live, we're blessed to have them in our lives, and to be able to celebrate with them every year.


George and I are in no rush to have children, but I can't help getting excited about starting our family someday, and what big, beautiful Christmases we'll have with everyone.  I imagine sugar cookies making a mess of the kitchen, Christmas music pouring from the innumerable speakers George is bound to have acquired by then, and  lots of garlands and twinkle lights around the house.


In ten years, maybe our kids will be spending the night looking through Christmas photo albums with me and their dad, looking forward to visits from their grandparents and aunts just a few weeks away.  I may not know exactly where we'll be, and I may not know what our babies' faces will look like, but I know one thing...there will be a LOT of cookies.  And that mental image is all I need to know our life together will be incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment