Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where we are


As many times as I’d been told, I seriously underestimated just how strong the tidal wave of “experts” and interested parties would be in the wedding planning process.  Here’s a rundown for all who want the scoop!

People keep asking where we are in the planning process.  Most of the time, when I ask myself that question, the answer is “not as far as I’d like.”  In thinking about it, though, we’ve made more progress than I give us credit for.


Having been together for six years pre-proposal, we’d already discussed a lot of what we want (and don’t want) for our wedding and marriage.  There are a few secrets and surprises, but there are also some decisions made early on that we can share.

Our main color is sapphire, with garnet and gold accents.  
Our single-flower arrangements will all be white...and, if all goes according to plan, not a traditional wedding flower!
My dress will not resemble a Cupcake Doll’s.
Suits, not tuxedos.  Look for fun pocket-square alternatives, too!
I’m making our stationery suite myself...starting with engagement announcements, which will be ready to mail as soon as we get a nice photo (know any artsy photographers in the Boston area?).
Yes, I know we were engaged on May 23, and it’s nearly September.  I really want to send out those announcements!
Wedding programs will be lengthy, to explain the rather complicated Greek Orthodox ceremony.
I am making our stephana (wedding crowns) myself.  That’s right, wedding crowns.
The reception will have a DJ (or, if I win, an iPod...we’re so picky about music!) and not a live band.  We’d rather dance to songs we know the way we know them.
Centerpieces will be paper-based.
At least 80% of our food will be edible to us, a.k.a. vegetarian.  Those who don’t like this idea can have their own wedding and serve whatever they like.
The cake will be all-white, vanilla-based, and covered in meringue.
We’re gonna boogie-oogie-oogie ‘till we just can’t boogie no more.
There are my thoughts for the day.  Thanks for listening!


1 comment:

  1. Dude, i think i totally had a cupcake doll. Her name was Cherry Berry Muffin or something equally insane.

    Good for you on sticking to your guns vegetarian wise!

    ReplyDelete