Friday, September 18, 2009

Honeymooners


It seems like most couples we know have their sights set on the tropics--not us.  Spa for me, golf for he!  Mix in some sun and we’re good to go.


This Friday night is just what I needed--pizza, candy bar, and an action movie that doesn’t require my rapt attention (Quantum of Solace, in case you’re wondering).  We’re all in our usual spots--George in the armchair, I on the couch with my feet on the table, even though my legs could be out on the chaise lounge if I moved 16 inches to the left, and Willow perched on the arm of the couch within perfect petting distance of that future husband of mine.
Such a lovely-lazy night has me thinking about another series of perfect evenings (and mornings and days, for that matter).  That’s right, I’m thinking honeymoon!  Early on, we Greece was the natural choice.  George has family there, I’ve never been, and we’d be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful destination.  Don’t even get me started on the feta...
Thinking about it more, we decided that Greece is a perfect vacation destination--but not quite what we want for our honeymoon.  We would put too much pressure on ourselves to see and do everything, meet everyone, and make the most out of every minute.  “Agenda” is not a word we want to utter in the few days after our wedding.  No schedules for us; no regrets when we get home that we didn’t pack enough in; no alarm clocks beeping early to get a jump-start on the day.
We agreed that the only requirements for our honeymoon are sun and quiet.  Arizona fit the bill perfectly!  I fell in love with the area on a business trip last January, and its wide-open spaces seem like the perfect place to relax and reflect on our future as a married couple.  Now we just have to find the right resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment