Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Supply and Demand

An unemotional update today:

The invites are ALMOST done.

Almost?  Really?  After all this time?

Yes...because I have lost my calligraphy pen.

I found the nib I needed, and the ink cartridges, but the pen is nowhere to be found.  And I've looked everywhere!

I can't finish the invitations until I have adhesive and a pen...but everything else is done.  The corners are trimmed--George punched over 225 corners; my tally is close to 700 since I did the inserts.  The enclosures are stuffed--and really fun; I'm thrilled with my idea for the third one.  The reply postcards are printed, individually designed with each of our friends' and family members' names, and stamped.  And no, I did not use a mail merge...I did that by hand, kids.  Well, by fingertip, on the keyboard.  And the postcard stamps are little bears, which have nothing to do with anything, but I just didn't see the point of customizing stamps for postcards.  I mean, really, the people who care that much about my postage should just choose not to attend, because if they're that fussy, I don't want to be friends anymore.

Tomorrow there's a big to-do at work for the grand opening of our newest (gorgeous) facility.  I don't think I'll stay long...I'll run and pick up a new pen and more adhesive at lunch.  I don't care if it takes me until 3am tomorrow, I am FINISHING THOSE BITCHES.

That's right.  I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment